A few of the week's highlights.....
1. Hermana Morales invited us over to "chat." We ended up eating birthday cake with her. I love old couples...they keep the missionary work exciting.
2. We finally had ward council. For the first time all year. Miracles have not ceased.
3. Hermana Noemi is seriously my idol. She's an hermana in the ward who loves family history, and won't stop until everyone goes to the temple. I love members who magnify their callings with all their hearts. Isn't that what we covenant when we go through the temple? To consecrate our time and talents?
4. Barbara came to church again! We had a lesson this week about the Word of Wisdom and it went so well. She was just like "Yeah, I hate coffee...so..." All the young women have welcomed her with loving arms, which makes me VERY happy.
5. Eluc says he's ready to get baptized anytime anyday. Love my haitians so much.
This week I've been thinking about my time here in El Sauce, Penaflor. I was talking to my companion about how there is so much more work to do here and that I just didn't feel like I've done enough. She told me to calm down (in her wise new missionary way), and to feel good about all that's happened here the past few months. Really it's been a blessing to serve here. At first I thought I was going to die, and that all the people would be sick of the missionaries. But, we still find people. Really good people in fact. The Lord has poured His blessings upon me in this sector.
One thing that has really struck me is when our ward mission leader told us that before I came, his family was on the road to becoming inactive. He thanked us missionaries for our persistence and love for his wife and son (his wife only speaks english, so we've hit it off). I guess we really don't know how much good we do sometimes.
Alright back to work it is...LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!!
XOXO Hermana Brinkerhoff