It was a super good week!!!
I am so excited to hear my new niece is here and to boot looks like me?? In my honor? ;)
No, but really, congrats Katie and Brad!!!
- Jaime is reading in Alma...I think he is going to finish the Book of Mormon this cambio. He also didn't drink for one whole day!! Lots of progress.
- I sang a duet with Elder Marsh in Spanish for zone conference. AH! It was nerve racking!! We sang I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. I think it turned out pretty good. Unfortunately I deleted one of the practices we did that I thought of sending. But if you want Elder Marsh and I can sing it again. Elder Marsh has the best tenor voice I've ever heard.
- We had two divisions this week. It was tiring, but oh so good. This cambio I have hermanas that come with a few more challenges and are going to need more attention. Before I chose who to have divisions with I prayed to know what hermana needed it most. Throughout the day the same hermana kept coming to my mind, so I chose her.
After we chatted a bit and set goals she said to me "Hermana Brinkerhoff, how did you know I needed to talk to you? I really needed this, and whenever we have divisions I get chosen second with the other hermana leaders, but you chose me first...Thank you."
It really was a powerful moment for me and made me feel like I really was making a difference in the mission. I testify that revelation is a real thing and that listening the spirit is SO IMPORTANT.
- Gonsalo has a date for the 25th of Feb. We are so excited and he is doing so well. He was waiting for his ride to church yesterday a half an hour early and loves to come.
- I think the best part of El Abrazo is my mamita. There is an hermana here that has literally taken a mother role to me. Her name is Isabal Palominos and last October her husband (who was the bishop) died of a sudden heart attack at 44. I love this family to pieces and I know that part of the reason I came here was to meet them. They have become my Chilean family. They have a son on a mission and 3 other kids all under 21. Every time we talk she always says "If I live up to my covenants I will be with him forever." The testimonies of these people help me so much and I just love this country.
XOXO Hermana Brinkerhoff